Friday, August 6, 2010

Winners, and more events!

The debut contest for free books is complete, and the winners are...
Jaclyn Pham Haynes
and
Greg Allen

Congrats, guys!  Please send me an email at loriannstephens[at]gmail.com with your physical address, your order receipt (if you didn't email one yet) and the name of the free book you'd like, compliments of me!

My friends Andrea and Maggie in Chicago have arranged a reading there on November 2, so I have my research skills cut out for me.  Note to self: must advertise this event through the local papers and pray people show up and order a fine Belgian beer.

For local friends and writers, I'll be do a reading at the University of Texas at Dallas on Wednesday, October 27 at 7:30 PM.  Books will be there for purchase, or you can bring your own, and do a "read-along." I'll visit a graduate-student writing class the evening before, and it will be like old times: back in the creative writing classroom again!

I'll place both these events on the Song of the Orange Moons Facebook page ("Like" it, folks) and on my web page calendar.  I'd love to see some of my old classmates at the UTD reading.