But let's focus on the fun updates, shall we?
- My publisher just returned from her cruise vacation, rejuvenated and ready to roll with this book. After some delays with the printer, we are still on track for a timely release, according to Miriam. Whew!
- I've been contacted by UTD's Communications dept. (hi, Sarah!) and I have my first Reading/Book Signing scheduled for October 27th at 7:30 PM. There will be more, but this is a welcome step in this process thus far. (<-- Say that 3 times fast.)
- I do have to buy my own domain name, perhaps later today (?), but at the publisher's request, I've put together a website using Snappages. So far, here she is: www.loriannstephens.com
- I need help with #3. Seriously. I am not witty and charming like my dear friend Jim L. I've had secret fantasies about having him ghostwrite my website (he's already established himself on Yelp! with his hold-your-belly humor, AND is grammatically and syntactically perfect.) Anyway. If you have suggestions, PLEASE email me. Which reminds me: maybe a "Contact Me" button would be a thoughtful inclusion on my new website? Jeez.
- I am learning patience. This, my friends, is a surprise. I thought I had patience down.