Saturday, May 18, 2013

Paris and Glimmer Train

I'm in Paris for a month and starting to feel like I know the neighborhood here.


Instead of posting pictures and funny stories here, I'm proofreading my 9-year-old son's blog, which he keeps every time we visit family here. It takes him about 2 hours to type it, holding my laptop hostage. But I am catching up on novels that have been on my to-read list.

I realized today that my interview with author Matt Bondurant is in the current issue of Glimmer Train Stories, an amazing and beautiful magazine that is publishing the finest literary fiction today.

I can't wait to get home and tear open the box of copies that I know are waiting for me. If you don't know Glimmer Train and you're a fiction writer, you should subscribe. It's worth the small investment.

á bientôt!