Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A Song for the Holidays?

I've been getting some very nice emails from readers after the SMU Holiday Book recommendation here.  And I'm looking forward to January 22nd's book signing at Barnes & Noble on 15th Street near 75 and to the reading at UTD on the 27th.  If you're stumped on a gift for someone, consider this little book, no? 

I'll be happy to mail a signed bookmark to your favorite someone as an extra hoo-hah (ho ho ho?).  Just let me know!

In the meantime, here's what I've demo'd in the kitchen: cheap wood paneling, baseboards, and chair rail, gone. 
The door molding also now gone.  I couldn't stand that little uneven space above the door.  I'll level the door and re-affix the molding to the frame.

I have an estimate coming for replacement windows today.  We'll see if it fits my shoestring budget.

Lastly, I suppose I should put something in this blog about my revisions to my novel manuscript #2: I was a bad (and tired) girl yesterday.  I didn't even open the file.  But I will tonight, since this blog is now my public motivation.

Onward creative odyssey!